Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Obligatory Last Post Of The Year


Picture 17, originally uploaded by thecat16.

Ah, yes. The end of the year.

Thought it'd be appropriate to post something since the only thing here that's moved is the Twitter feed.

So.. what have I done in the past year? Do I have anything to reflect? Regret?
Uh.. no, not really unless you count the realization that putting tuition on credit cards is a Bad Idea.
Other than that I don't think there's anything I can say that I haven't said before.

Looking at my Last.fm account, my musics tastes have changed heavily going from Metal and guitar based music to J-Core, Trance and anime music. I don't really know what to say to that other than it's not that bad of a change although I've listen to quite an amount of crap due to the gigantic amount of stuff available in J-Core alone.

Picture 19

Game-wise: I've pretty much neglected San Andreas and Audiosurf in favor of certain text heavy "games" that have been recently translated.
And Touhou. Ah, Touhou. Specifically speaking Imperishable Night. I like that one and I've managed to not suck. I can usually clear the first four levels without major incident on Normal and Hard. Lunatic mode though, I'm lucky if I pass the first level. I've also developed a liking for the characters and have kinda jumped into the fandom. And boy is that fandom huge. Not only that, the amount of stuff that's managed to hit the intertubes from C75 over the weekend is jaw-dropping. Then again, it's to be expected since Touhou now covers well over a third of Comiket.


Picture 21, originally uploaded by thecat16.




Melty Blood has also been a focus of mine since I started to develop combos for Miyako. Then it occurred to me to look online and, well, they're there with minor modifications adding a couple more hits.


Picture 20, originally uploaded by thecat16.



Finally got a PS2 which was a gift. It's a used 71000 model and was given along with the gift receipt so I'll exchange it later for the 79000 model which eliminates the power brick. But that also means paying the price difference which I'm willing to do. The power brick takes up space and I intend to lug the PS2 to school.
Oh, I've yet to play Fate/Unlimited Codes since Tom hasn't called me over to play since he's switching between that and Persona 4. He lent me Arcana Heart though so I've been playing that for about 3 hours at a time. I've gotten better as proven by the screen shot of Saki's line after beating Arcade Mode. Boy does she have boring lines.
Hopefully by the time I beat the game I can move on the the walled garden of Guilty Gear since that thing is a pain to play at the moment since I haven't learn how their special system works. But then again, that's cause I haven't really played it.

Well, here's to a new year full of adventures, games, finished responsibilities and friendship.

And to hoping my girlfriend will no longer be imaginary (¯°3°)

No comments: